Header Ads

Blog ads

Hostgator Review: Is Hostgator Good or Bad?

Having run a successful desktop publishing business, I thought it was time to tackle one of my most valuable tools on a website. Gone are the days when we could just set up any old free website and expect our business to grow big. This is why I thought about highlighting my web host and domain name provider on HostGator. But not everything is sun and roses, I assure you. That is why today, I am expressing my 100% honest thoughts in my HostGator review where I will address the question, "Is HostGator good?" Well, to find out, stay tuned. (medium rhythm pop music) Welcome to Self Publishing with Dale, 

What web hosting service do you use? Also, do you buy our domain from the same provider as your hosting service? Leave your recommendations in the comments below. Today, I am opening the curtain and sharing my preferred online tools for web hosting and domain names on HostGator. HostGator is a Houston-based provider of shared servers, resellers, virtual private servers, and dedicated web hosting. In simple terms, HostGator is a place to store all your website information on special computers called servers. After all, your website doesn't just float in the spirit of the internet with no place to call it home. Now I know some of you can't spend a penny and probably use free services, but that still comes at a cost.


Instead of embarrassing you about getting free web hosting or telling you why it's not a good option, I want to tell you how HostGator is not expensive at all and can be quite affordable if used correctly. Now, I won't be secret, the HostGator Hatchling hosting plan costs roughly the same as its competitor, GoDaddy, and is considerably cheaper than its high-end Squarespace competitor. And when it comes to getting your preferred domain name or web address, it comes down to nickels and dimes. In fact, most good domain name providers will cost anywhere from $ 1 to $ 15 for the first year, depending largely on how specialized the name is. So, I won't beat around the bush with the fact that regardless of where you get your website name, it doesn't matter that much, as long as you're willing to take a few extra steps if your web host is with another company.

Hostgator Review: Is Hostgator Good or Bad?

I make it easy for myself and simply request my domain names from HostGator, as it is simple to attach the domain to my hosting package. Where you get the most bang for your buck is through HostGator's updated hosting package plan called the Baby Plan. On HostGator Hatchling's basic plan, you can attach a domain name, which means you are limited to a single site. That's not a bad deal if you just want to focus on one brand or avenue for your business. Since my business plan requires multiple landing pages, websites, and affiliate marketing avenues, I need a hosting package that can contain numerous domain names.


That's where HostGator's baby hosting plan comes in. You get unlimited domain hosting, which means if you want to set up 50 different sites, you can. And since HostGator uses a variety of website builders, including my favorite, WordPress, it's easier than ever to have an attractive, mobile-friendly site. The last option is essential in today's mobile technology. Here's the killer part. HostGator's baby hosting plan is only $ 5.95 per month for its first year. After that, it increases by about $ 12 per month.


However, even after the price increase, that's not bad, especially if you use your website to build and grow your audience and customer base. The question remains: "Is HostGator good?" So if you have a problem then you are simply a search query from your answer via video or online forum. Three, Ecommerce Features Hey, if you want an easy way to monetize your business, then HostGator has a solution for all osCommerce or Zen Cart hosting packages.


All of that to say this, you don't always have to ship people to Amazon, Apple, or other online retailers when you can fill the orders yourself. Sadly, it's not all good news as HostGator has some downsides that we need to address. One, the learning curve I already mentioned on HostGator benefits from the answers being everywhere and there is online support. So it can be assumed that it is not a simple turnkey operation, and you have some work ahead of you when you invest in a hosting package through HostGator. The control panel, also known as panel C, is packed with functions, most of which, I don't even know what half of them do. But once you learn how to navigate through panel C, you will know exactly how to add emails, attach a domain name to the hosting server, etc. Two, online support. It's slow! I'm sorry I don't regret this one.


But for a web hosting business, you would think that HostGator would have a faster response time on online support. You will submit a service request or question and may wait more than 10-20 minutes for closing. It could be that I'm impatient, or ... huh. Three, Self-renewal out of nowhere. Fair warning, in case you missed it, HostGator is very cheap, but after your first year with them, the price almost doubles. I was not aware of it or chose not to remember it, anyway. When my first anniversary with HostGator rolled around, I was surprised that I was billed automatically. And here's the catch. Although my initial date to join HostGator was in the middle of the month, I was billed the month before.


When I followed up with HostGator about this advance billing, they were quick to point out that all plans are set to auto-renew, unless you contact the company and request cancellation. And they don't even give you an email to let you know that automatic renewal is coming. Either way, I planned to stay with the company and since their customer service is excellent, I stuck with them. All in all, I give HostGator the award for cheap web hosting services. Although HostGator has its fair share of challenges, once you get through them, it's easy to navigate. For more information on HostGator Hosting, Hostgator. Remember, if you enjoyed today's content, be sure to stop by every Thursday at 6pm. Eastern Standard Time for my live broadcast. Until later this has been Self Publishing with Dale, and see you soon.

Hostgator Review: Is Hostgator Good or Bad? Hostgator Review: Is Hostgator Good or Bad? Reviewed by Muneeb Awan on October 07, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

ad

Powered by Blogger.